Hi! I'm David Gow, known sometimes as sulix, and this domain (with its rather unimaginative name) is mine. I'm a Software Engineer by trade, having played around at various points with the MySQL server codebase, the Linux kernel, and porting and QA for Linux games.
I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia and I oscillate between living there, and in Mountain View, California.
I'm always happy to answer any questions people have about Linux games or programming in general, so always feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Some stuff I've done
- A Commander Keen Reimplementation
- Handmade Penguin
- A game porting tutorial based on Handmade Hero
- A symbol-version wrapper for gcc and glibc
- An extractor for To the Moon's datafiles
- An extractor for SimFarm's datafiles
- Keen Dreams
- Modding utilities and the short-lived Steam port of Keen Dreams
- Multiwinia for Linux
- Worked on the Linux version of Introversion Software's Multiwinia
- 04 May 2018 » The Stack Clash Vulnerability and the Ancient Pharaohs
- 03 Feb 2014 » Enabling OpenGL debug output on nVidia drivers
- 15 Mar 2013 » Writing Linux Launch Scripts for Fun and Profit
- 04 Jan 2013 » Using opus with OpenAL
- 03 Dec 2012 » Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Patch